In just a little over a week I'll be heading off on another crazy world adventure with Jim West of Scrapmap and a group of like-minded memory keepers to Peru.
This is the fourth year in a row I've traveled with Jim and a crew of really fun people in the fall. The last three trips have taken us to Italy, Ireland, and China.
This year we're heading to the Amazon jungle, Machu Picchu and the Galapagos Islands.
Seriously, there is no way I could have imagined twelve years ago when I first started scrapbooking that it would lead to stuff like this.
This trip has felt a little tougher to pack for - it feels like there's more adventure involved (because there is) and I think my clothing options are going to be more casual than in the past as well. I spent some time tonight looking at other's people's packing lists online, writing up my own list, ordering a few things, and trying to simplify my packing process.
Here's some of the things that will be coming along with me this trip (seen in the image above):
- Lowepro LP36434-PWW Photo Hatchback 22L AW | New camera backpack.
- Nike Air Pegasus '83 Sneakers from JCrew | Love the color and the vintage feel.
- Globejotting: How To Write Extraordinary Travel Journals (And Still Have Time To Enjoy Your Trip) | Getting some new ideas for storytelling on the road.
- Cetaphil Cleansing Cloths | I have sensitive skin and these have been great - especially that they don't irritate my eyes.
- Anker® Ultrathin Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard Aluminum Cover with Stand for iPad | Elise recommended this keyboard attachment recently and it's been great. I'm thinking I might leave my laptop at home this trip and just travel with the iPad.
- Outdoor Research Sombriolet Sun Hat | Much needed.
- Athleta Equator Tank
I've got a list of work-related things to get through before I leave - lots of product design happening around here the last couple of weeks.
PS | A million thanks for all the wonderful feedback on the Story Stamps™. I can't thank you enough for the positive response. There is still time to jump on board for this first month (the theme is "prompts") and gain access to the subscriber-only education content.
Also, the Week In The Life kits are available for those of you who'd like to play along next month. In reality you can use these kits any time you want (they are not date specific - expect for one small 2014 perforated word). The grey album + kit is close to selling out so if that's the one you were thinking about ordering I'd jump on that soon. I'll be documenting my week from October 27th through November 2nd - you can get more information and watch a video about this project here.