Today I wanted to share a layout I put together yesterday that uses a bunch of things that have been sitting on my table. I actually love that concept as a challenge - what's on your table right now and how can you bring it together into a layout. When was the last time you approached a story that way?
Products are made to be used my friends!
Here's a look at what I came up with:
This layout features, among other things, the pie chart transparnecies that were include in the Click Story Kit™. It also includes this awesome outline alphabet stamp set (called Kit Alpha) from Studio Calico around the outside of my main content area. And rather than continue to hoard my collection of word/phrase stickers I decided to bring a bunch of them together as a piece of the pie.
I began the process for putting this page together by finding a recent photo of Anna. She's so cool.
From there I printed it at least 8 inches tall (the width of the pie chart when all put together). I used four pieces from the pie chart to cut a template which I then used as a guide for cutting my photo into a half-circle. I adhered it down onto white cardstock using foam dots.
Each of the pie chart pieces got a different treatment:
- The top one features "2015" using these AE white alphabet stickers.
- The second one I used the transparent piece to cut a template out of cardstock (so I could use the transparent piece again in the future vs. adding the word phrase stickers on top) and then added a bunch of different word // phrase stickers on top and trimmed them all at the end to fit to the pie piece. I love how that turned out - such a great way to use your stash.
- The third piece of the pie features the "this is life" die cut sentiment that was also included with the Click kit.
- On top of the fourth piece of the pie I added an assortment of stars from previous Studio Calico kits.
In the bottom corner I added three more sentiment stickers.
I like when they become a little poem/message.
Around the outside edge of the page I added washi tape (pretty sure this is an old roll from Freckled Fawn). I've done this before and I'll do it again - love how it frames the page.
I finished the page off with journaling around the interior edge of the washi tape and with the small circle gold star embellishment in the middle of the pie chart.
- Click Story Kit™ (transparent pie chart and sentiment label and "I love you so" sticker)
- Kit Alpha from Studio Calico
- Memento Luxe Morocco Orange Ink Pad
- AE White Alphabet Stickers
- Yellow Airmail Washi Tape
- Precision Pen .01
- Seven Paper Word/Phrase Stickers: Pink // Grey
- Tim Holtz Small Talk Stickers
- Maggie Holmes/Crate Paper Tiny Phrase Stickers
- Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher (which you can now get in my shop)
- Assorted Star Embellishments (because you can never have enough of these)
STORY KIT™ & STORY STAMP™ SALE
Also, don't miss out on the Story Kit™ and Story Stamp™ sale happening this week. Generally these kits aren't available without a subscription so this is a great chance to grab one if you're interested in seeing what they are all about. Check out the Sale here.