Hands in the air.
That's how I feel on Monday morning of Week In The Life™. Okay maybe not that excited, but pretty darn close. Let's do this thing.
This thing, this week of documentation, is an awesome opportunity to capture life right now.
And if you are reading this and it's Monday night and you forget to take photos this morning, no sweat. Start now. Start tonight or tomorrow morning.
Here are a few other things to remember this week:
1. Go with the flow. Don't panic if you don't get photos of every single detail. Remember this is not a sprint, but a longer distance spread out over the course of seven days. If you miss a morning or two or an evening, no sweat. Keep going.
2. Focus on the words and photos this week. There's no need to try to do everything - taking photos and writing things down is enough.
3. Have fun seeing your life through the lens of your camera.
And here are a few things I mentioned in my Ready Set Go post last year which is absolutely still applicable today:
- Look for the stories. Read this post for inspiration. As you go about your day, think to yourself about how you can capture those stories with your lens. How do all these different stories weave together to create the life you are living right now?
- Answer the question, "what is the truth of my day?" As you walk around your house, your office, your kids school, think about and document the truths that make up your day.
- Remember that it's NOT about the products. It never has been and it never will be. Yes, they are fun and I love working with them to bring an album together, but the products are not the point. If they help get you going in the right direction then that's awesome - but don't let them detract from your experience.
- Remember that the best camera is the one you have with you.
- Get yourself in the photos - by whatever means necessary - at the very least once per day.
- Without a doubt, this project often mirrors back to me many different things about my life. It is often a catalyst for change as I see things in front of me that really can't be ignored much longer. I challenge you to think about those things this week.
- Or skip all that intentional stuff and just have fun taking a whole lot of photos of your daily life.
- Join the free Week In The Life™ community message board and gallery here.
Bottom line, I challenge you to take this opportunity to celebrate and to write and to photograph your life as you are living it right now. No one can tell this story but you.
I'll be back tomorrow sharing my Monday words and photos. I'll also share a few photos along the way on Instagram using the hashtag #weekinthelife.
And PS, yes, there's a whole story about that photo and how I love that it's grainy and dark and at Margaritaville in Las Vegas and that Aaron took it and about how much I love dancing and live music and how I need to bring a little more of that Ali into my everyday.
I also wanted to take a minute today to announce and introduce you to a new camera bag collaboration with Epiphanie. I partnered with them to come up with a classic, clean-lined everyday camera bag and it's now available in three colors.
Here's a short promo video with more details:
I love how these turned out and have been carrying around the cream bag for the last few weeks (with and without my DSLR).
SPECIAL PROMO DURING WEEK IN THE LIFE™ | Use code ALI20 for $20 off until August 21st.