What stories will you tell this December?
We are bringing back one of my most popular workshops for the 2016 holiday season - registration is now open for Storytelling with December Daily®. This class is designed to get you in the mood for documenting your December, one story per day.
PLEASE NOTE | This class originally ran in November 2015 and we are bringing it back for those of you who may have missed it the first time around.Overall, the content will be the same as the 2015 workshop because it was intentionally designed not around any specific kit but more around the process of storytelling and my own personal experience participating in this project the years. I will be adding a bonus lesson showing my completed 2015 December Daily® album.
ALUMNI | Based on feedback from alumni who were interested in taking this class again we are offering an alumni option with a discounted rate for anyone who would like to participate in the live version of this class for 2016 (as with all my classes you still have access to the content from last year but we realize that some people appreciate being able to be part of the new active community and receive the emails as new content is available). If you are an alumni and are interested in being a part of the workshop community again, please enter the code "SWDDalumni" here to purchase this class for $5.99. This code will only work through the link provided and if you previously were enrolled in the class in 2015. The storytelling stamp set is not included with the alumni option.
This workshop was a tremendous labor of love to create. I am so proud of the content included and I hope you will consider joining me in this in-depth look at the different ways to capture and tell your stories during the holiday season.
Here's a look at what I'll be covering each week for four weeks starting November 1st:
Week One | A look back at all nine of my past December Daily® albums with individual video walk-throughs. The take-away from this lesson is the opportunity to learn from the past and reflect on what's worked - and what's not worked - to create a plan for this year. This lesson includes over 4 hours of in-depth video walk-throughs.
Week Two | Process exploration. Setting expectations and setting yourself up for success by establishing a storytelling mindset. This lesson includes a 1.5 hour video presentation + a 5-page handout.
Week Three | Specific storytelling ideas, encouragement and inspiration, along with photo ideas to spark additional stories. This lesson includes three videos: an overview of the topic of storytelling (30 mins), my favorite story themes (35 mins) and my favorite photo stories (22 mins).
Week Four | Techniques for including stories in your album including digital, hybrid, interactive, etc. Essentially, once you've established your stories how do you include them in your album? This lesson includes 6 videos: an overview of the topic (13 mins), my favorite ways to get stories in my album (15 min), adding text to a photo in Photoshop (16 mins), writing on photos (13 mins), embossing tutorial (8 mins), a flip up and out technique (15 min), and a Silhouette tutorial (16 mins).
The classroom will remain open and act as a supportive community throughout the month of December and beyond as you work to complete your album.
A couple things to note:
- This is not a step-by-step workshop for setting up your foundation pages. I will be sharing my process for creating my foundation pages, as well as sharing each completed day, on my blog in the same manner as I have done in past years.
- I am aware that not everyone has children at home and will be keeping that in mind as I present the content within the class. Please remember that I do have children at home and it does influence the types of stories that I include at this time in my life. I also spend parts of December on my own and include those stories as well.
- For the last nine years I've shared all my December Daily® pages and process on my blog. Content included in this workshop will come from my past experiences (meaning I am not creating new pages for this workshop and will be using my past albums as inspiration and teaching tools - and as this content was originally created in 2015 some examples will reference my plans for my 2015 album).
Registration for this 4 week workshop is $29.99 and includes a 4x6 December Storytelling Stamp Set (while supplies last - there is a limited number available - and shipped free to you to spark stories in your album this year. This stamp set is not included with the alumni option) and a big digital package that includes PNG and cut files:
What do you need for this workshop?
- A willingness to look back & ahead
- Enthusiasm for the story-aspect of this project
- You do not need a specific December Daily® kit for this workshop
I hope you'll join me for this exploration of December storytelling ideas, inspiration and techniques.