As I've been catching up on Project Life® over the last few weeks I've been thinking a lot about this project in general and my own personal ebb and flow with it.
I love that some weeks can be more word heavy, some weeks can be more photo heavy, some weeks can include more embellishments, some weeks can be super simple, some weeks can follow a specific story theme, and some weeks can just be a random collection of little stories from my week. The fact that it doesn't have to be the same every week is one of the things I love best about this project. It can evolve as your life evolves and it can ebb and flow to fit your lifestyle and your current stories.
Do you need to give yourself permission related to some aspect of this project? Do you need to let go of wanting it to be "perfect" (whatever that looks like to you)? Do you need to focus on a monthly spread vs. a weekly spread? Do you need to stop worrying about whether you added enough product? Do you need to stop thinking that you voice isn't valuable enough?
You can do this. Seriously. Make it work for you right now.
Here's a look at Week Eleven:
That lovely bright yellow quote card is part of my March Digital package that you can check out here (this isn't a subscription and the monthly digital packages are continuously available in my shop). These monthly digital kits are designed to be theme-based related to the time of year they are released. You can check out the new April digital kit here (Easter & April focused).
Right now I'm totally into simple. For me that seems to mean reaching into my current stash of physical journal cards, quickly printing out digital cards, or making story-specific cards using alpha stamps. I love doing that for a very story-central "filler" card.
The "sun please" card is part of the April Digital Kit.
I also added a few products from the current Eat Story Kit™ to this spread. Included with the kit are the "story of this meal" card (it comes to you as a pad of paper to use for a variety of stories) + the fork/knife/spoon card + the circles on the bottom photo (chipboard eat circle + plastic circle). The physical Eat kit sold out this month but the Eat Digital Story Kit™ and the Eat Story Stamp™ are still available until April 14th. Our next story theme will be Lens (released on April 15th).
SUPPLIES USED REGULARLY IN PROJECT LIFE® 2017
- Project Life Design A Page Protectors
- Project 52 Fresh Core Kit (anything with rounded corners)
- Past Story Kits™
- Rolling Date Stamp
- 12x12 Project Life® / Heidi Swapp / Black & White Album
- Week By Week Word Art
- Gratitude 3x4 Notepad
LOOKING FOR MORE PROJECT LIFE® STORYTELLING INSPIRATION?
Check out my Storytelling With Project Life® workshop that is now available as a self-paced workshop. Topics include:
- Lesson One | A look back at many of my past Project Life® albums (2010-2015) with individual video walk-throughs. The take-away from this lesson is the opportunity to learn from the past and reflect on what's worked and what's not worked to create a plan for right now.
- Lesson Two | Process exploration. Setting expectations, creating a plan for yourself (key word here being "YOU") and setting yourself up for success by establishing a storytelling mindset. This content will be specific to telling stories in Project Life®.
- Lesson Three | Specific storytelling ideas, encouragement, and inspiration to spark stories.
- Lesson Four | Working with products in Project Life®.