I'm super excited to let you guys know that registration is now open for one of my personal favorite 12-week workshops: Type.
This is a re-run of the same workshop that ran in 2015. No new content has been added.
Type begins Tuesday, April 18th and will cover a wide variety of fun and informative topics/ideas/inspirations related to working with type (alphabet stickers, letter stamps, hand lettering, and fonts) in your memory keeping projects with content available each week. In addition to the twelve lessons you'll also receive three bonus lessons from the awesome Pam Baldwin.
WEEKLY TOPICS IN TYPE INCLUDE:
- Week One // Type Basics : Intro to the basics of typography. Includes a 2-hour main presentation (split into two videos).
- Week Two // Type In Neat Little Lines & Rows : Formatting body copy and telling longer stories. Includes main presentation + 4 process videos.
- Bonus Content from Pam Baldwin // Tips from Pam for printing type on 3x4 and 4x6 journal cards.
- Week Three // Type Marriages : Investigating best practices for pairing fonts in our projects. Includes main presentation + 2 process videos.
- Week Four // Type vs. Type : Contrast between type choices in a title, between a title and text, and within the text itself. Includes main presentation + 2 process videos.
- Week Five // Type Play, Round One : 10 of my favorite ideas for playing with type. Includes main presentation + 2 process videos.
- Bonus Content from Pam Baldwin // Pam shares two awesome project ideas for playing with type.
- Week Six // Type Play, Round Two : 10 more ideas for playing with type. Includes main presentation + 3 process videos.
- Week Seven // Type Stacks : Stacking type for titles and content organization. Includes main presentation + 3 process videos.
- Week Eight // Dear Type, I'm Over You : Ideas to get type on and in other pieces of type. Includes main presentation + 2 process videos.
- Bonus Content from Pam Baldwin // Pam shares another layout and a Project Life® spread + two videos.
- Week Nine // Type By Hand : Ways to use handwriting in your projects. Includes main presentation + 2 process videos.
- Week Ten // Type On Photos : A look at ways to include words on photos: computer, type, handwriting, stamping, etc. Includes main presentation + 4 tutorial/process videos.
- Week Eleven // Type As Art : Focus on appreicating the beauty of letter forms + ways type as art can support our stories. Includes main presentation + 2 process videos.
- Week Twelve // Type Story : Bring all the previous lessons together with an emphasis on getting your story told. Includes main presentation + 2 process videos.
As with most of my workshops, content will be delivered in the form full-color handouts, keynote presentations that cover the main topic, and live video where I share my process for creating projects. There will also be a message board and gallery for sharing the things you create during the length of the workshop.
The projects in this workshop are mainly traditional layouts with a few Project Life® spreads included. The lessons, design ideas and tips can totally be used for any kind of memory keeping adventure.
As with all my workshops, you are able to continue accessing the information after the live class portion has ended.
Early Bird Discount | Sign up between now and April 18th (when the classroom opens) and get 20% off the $99 workshop price.
Here's an 8-min overview of the topics that are included over the 12-week workshop (this is also available on the shop page for the class):
Included in this workshop are the following digital packages:
Here are a few sneak peaks of layouts I created specifically for this workshop:
Consider yourself invited! Please let me know if you have any questions in the comment section below.
Hope to see you in class!