Each year before the release of the December Daily® collection I like to go over how the Order Selection Period works to refresh everyone's memory and introduce newcomers to the community about how ordering works for these specific products.
We are hopeful that the changes we made to the order process last year will continue to alleviate some of the slow loading and other issues we've faced in the past for this very popular release. That said, we are imperfect people trying to get it right and it's totally possible that there will be issues on the day the products go live (this Thursday, September 5th at 7am PDT). We thank you in advance for your patience if issues do arise. Our goal is to create an awesome experience for you and we don't like it just as much as you don't like it when things don't run smooth.
Below I am showing screen shots of what the shopping experience looks like (on desktop and mobile) so you will have the opportunity to be more familiar with the process before the page goes live.
As you will see below from the screenshots and via the downloadable price list on Wednesday, we have made the decision to increase some of our prices due to manufacturing changes and import tariffs. It's been a challenging year for forecasting and we truly want to continue offering you products that help you get your stories told and add to your overall memory keeping experience. We deeply appreciate our customers and thank you for your understanding as we navigate changes in manufacturing and importing.
Grab yourself a cup of your favorite beverage and take a few minutes to read through the details. Feel free to ask questions in the comments below.
WALKTHROUGH OF DECEMBER DAILY® SHOPPING EXPERIENCE
When the products go live on Thursday morning there will be an option under the December Daily® dropdown menu to shop (right now the main drop down menu is for the "Travel Collection" - that will be updated when the products go live).
When the December Daily® shopping experience is live you will see that we have broken the products down into four categories. Each one will have their own tab across the top of your browser window: My Box, Kits + Albums, Stamping, Embellishments, Paper.
- My Box: This is where your products will appear after you have checked out using the box in the top right.
- Kits + Albums: Includes kits, albums, page protectors.
- Stamping: Includes stamps, inks, stencil + paint, pens.
- Embellishments: Includes chipboard, stickers, embellishments, etc.
- Paper: Includes journal card sets,, transparencies, etc.
- Checkout: Once you have added any items to your box a sixth tab will appear in red. You can click this to checkout or use the red button under your box in the top right corner. You will also be able to check out via the red box icon on the top right corner.
When the products are live you will be able to click on any product image and will be taken to a product page that includes a description and additional product details. You will also be able to add to your box from the main shopping page (as you see above) or from the individual product page.
When you add an item to your box from this main shopping page the red "add to box" will temporarily turn green showing you that the item has been added to your box. It will return to red enabling you to add more if you want of that product.
PLEASE NOTE: I highly recommend identifying the items you are most interested in and checking out with those things first. Let's say you know for sure you want an album + the Main Kit and a chipboard bundle. Add those three items to your "DD cart" (the red box icon in the top right) and then go through the checkout process to secure those items. Those items will then appear in your "My Box" tab - as will any additional items you add to your "DD cart" and "checkout" before the 30th. Items in your "DD cart" aren't secure until you have actually checked out.
The above screen shot shows where your "DD cart" is located while you are shopping the December Daily® products. You will not be able to add products from my regular shop to this cart - it is a completely separate cart for December Daily® during the Order Selection Period.
You can adjust the amount of the item you want to order or remove the item from your box (only before checking out) in this area. Please make sure to double-check your quantities before checking out.
Once you have clicked "checkout" and gone through that process your products will then appear under the "My Box" tab.
Above is a screenshot of the checkout page for desktop users. With our simplified shipping this year (flat rate $5 for domestic and $20 international) you will be charged this flat fee the first time you check out. After that it will note "PAID" in green for "Box Bundle Shipping" on any future checkouts.
Did you know that almost 50% of you use a mobile device for shopping on my site? That's awesome.
Here's a look at what you will see on your mobile device. Again, the navigation between the different categories will be right there along the top:
From this screen you are able to add products directly to your box by clicking the small box icon under the product. The small red box in the upper right corner is what you currently have in your "DD cart." Once you complete the checkout process your products will then be viewable under "My Box" in the main navigation.
You will also be able to click on the individual product to see more images or get more details:
If you are shopping from a mobile device you will have an option when you are checking out to "Check Out Right Away" OR to scroll down to review your details before checking out. Please note that once you have completed checkout you will not be able to remove items or edit order. Please be sure to review your order quantities before checking out.
- The Order Selection Period for December Daily® begins on Thursday, September 5th at 7am PDT and will end on September 30th. After the Order Selection Period closes we will box up your order and ship it to you in early October.
- Make sure you have an updated credit card and shipping address on file with us and that you are signed in under your "My Account" before starting to shop. Go do that now.
- Once you have checked out you CAN NOT remove products from your box or edit your order. Customer Service will not be able to make adjustments to your order after you have checked out. Please verify the numbers of product placed before checking out - you will be able to see an adjust the quantity of an item before you check out via the box icon on the top right of your page.
- The project will always be more important than the products.
- You will be able to use Paypal or Gift Cards for the December Daily® Box Orders this year.
- If there are complications my team will be working to solve them as quickly as possible.
SIMPLIFIED SHIPPING RATES
For 2019 the Box Shipping rates will be as follows:
- $5 Domestic Flat Rate
- $20 International Flat Rate
This will be charged on your first "checkout" and that will be the only time you are charged shipping. After that if you checkout again under "Box Bundle Shipping" it will say "PAID."
My hope is that in sharing this information with you today it will help you have a better idea of what the shopping experience will look like. Please let me know if you have any questions below.
I'll be posting the Main Kit, Mini Kit, Kids Kit, and albums here on my blog on Wednesday, September 4th along with a price list to help you decided what you'd like to purchase. You can check out my Product Preview post that I shared last week that includes a walkthrough of all the other products in the collection this year.