2021 Week In The Life™ is complete!
It's always such an awesome feeling to finally finish up this project and clean off my table to make room for the next round of stories.
A few thoughts as I wrap up this project:
- THANK YOU! A big thank you to you for playing along with this project whether this was your first year or if you've been documenting alongside me since the beginning.
- Completing this project is a labor of love. It definitely takes time to get it all into an album and I'm grateful for your patience as I carved out time to finish up my project. I hope you give yourself the same grace as you make progress on your own project. There is nothing at all wrong with taking time between the documenting phrase and the bringing-it-all-together phase. You can do this!
- I really enjoyed mixing things up this year with a more playful approach and I LOVED doing the full page spread photo collages for each day. That felt like it really simplified a little of the process of dealing with the photos for me this year.
- You can check out my individual daily photo + story posts here.
Let's dive in to the overview/walk-through video ( I didn't do another process video because I pretty much followed the same design formula I set up + shared for Monday here):
Here's a look at each spread in my album:
I added a couple versions of a recent family photo with all seven of us to the tag I created during the Prep Day.
On the back I added a black + white dot pattern paper and a chipboard diamond + a felt heart. The ribbons I'm adding in my album can be found here.
On Monday I added more journaling (and stamping) to the 3x8 page but after Monday I decided to repeat stamp one word and then add a plastic diamond (and a chipboard diamond on some) on top. For Tuesday I repeat stamped "meow." I love the messy/graphic look of the stamped words. On days when I had fewer photos I added in some 3x4 quote cards from my stash (past Story Kits/Stories By The Month Kits).
For Wednesday I repeat stamped the word "tired." Keeping it real.
I didn't fill in this 3x8 card on the actual documenting day and had already used most of my photos so I decided to go with more stamped words.
On Thursday I had less photos so instead of a photo collage I went with two full page photos.
In my blog post for Thursday I added a list of photos I didn't take and went ahead and copied + pasted that onto a 3x4 card. The card below is from the Strong Story Kit.
On this 3x8 card I added two of the felt hearts from the Paislee Press Mini Kit and wrote a bit about the full circle moment of my kids hanging out over at Katie's house watching Goonies with Graham.
So excited for the beginning of summer!
Thank you so much for participating this year! I hope you enjoyed the process. I hope you captured some of the very basic pieces of your life.
Looking forward to telling stories again with you soon!
- Week In The Life™ Mini Kit (digital cards only version available here)
- Week In The Life™ Album + Page Protectors + Page Dividers
- Week In The Life™ Phrases Stamp
- Week In The Life™ 3x8 Journal Card Set
- Week In The Life™ Chipboard Bundle
- Week In The Life™ Digital Overlays + Template Bundle
- Week In The Life™ Alpha + Numbers Stamps
- Week In The Life™ Word/Phrase Stickers
- Week In The Life™ Large Plastic Pieces
- Adhesive Foam Squares
- 6 Hole Punch
- We R Memory Keepers Hole Punch
- Momento Black Ink
- Epson PictureMate PM400 Printer
- Epson 4x6 Premium Photo Paper
- Epson XP15000 Printer
- Epson 13x19 Photo Paper
- Avery Index Tabs
- Brother Sewing Machine
- Rolling Date Stamp