Happy Friday! We're wrapping up our week-long Week In The Life™ spotlight with some insight from creative team member, Laura Wonsik.
Hello! It's Laura Wonsik here sharing some images from my 2021 Week in the Life Album. This was my 5th time completing this project. Here are some things to know about my process and experience with Week in the Life this year.
- I did mine sooner than the community because later in May is when the semester is over at my work and it's not typical.
- I wasn't really in the mood for this project this year so it's basic, I did it quickly and it doesn't have a lot of original or super creative design.
- I used a lot of products from my stash for this, I love using WITL as an opportunity to stash bust! Especially loved using the Morning and Evening story kits.
- I incorporated photos from my husband as he is a stay-at-home dad right now and has lots of stories throughout the day I wanted to include.
- I like to do my journaling in the present tense. I have done it that way for all of the years I have done Week in the Life and have absolutely no idea why.
- This project is like a big puzzle. Sometimes if the pieces don't seem to "fit" I make it work by adding inserts or waterfall sleeves.
- So much of life is virtual these days so I captured those stories through screenshots.
- There are certain photos I like repeating year to year including what's in the shower and work selfies every day from the same angle.
- Textured elements go on the outside of the pocket page.
- The self-timer was my friend. I took lots of photos that didn't make the cut.
- Less is more.
- There is no right way to tell your story!
Make sure to check a full walkthrough video of Laura's album on her IGTV channel here. We love seeing the variety of ways you make this project work for you! Thank you for joining us this week.