Welcome to my first Craft The Story video for 2022.
I plan to continue sharing videos on YouTube "most" Fridays throughout the upcoming year and in today's video I'm sharing my documenting plans for 2022 along with adding two stories to my 6x8 album for 2022. (I put the wrong date - I was a day ahead - on my YouTube video so I'm just going ahead + making this post live today too).
Let's dive right in to today's video:
DOCUMENTING IN 2022
For 2022 I'm going to be working in a 6x8 album and adding stories as I go throughout the year (I may end up needing more than one - we will see as the year progresses). I'll be using things from the Story Kits (super excited about the new page sizes included with those kits), the quarterly Scrapbook Kits, sometimes pieces from Stories By The Month, and other pieces from my stash.
In addition to the 6x8 story album I will also be participating in the following projects:
- Day In The Life™: Collection should be releasing at the end of this month or beginning of next month. First documenting day (of 2) will most likely happen in February or March.
- Pieces Of Life: We will be releasing a couple new themes this year for this notebook based project. The first theme for this year is Pieces Of The Past and will likely be released in late February. The second theme that will come later in the year is Pieces Of Play.
- Week In The Life™: Hoping to have this collection release in May with a June documenting week. The dates of this will be highly dependent on when we receive the products in the warehouse.
- One Little Word®: You can read more about this project + year long workshop here. It's definitely not too late to join!
- December Daily®: Collection scheduled to launch early September with a Decemeber documenting timeframe.
- Just Write: This is a $5 per month subscription that includes 2 writing prompts per month. I've been doing this for a couple of years now and I love that with these specific prompts I am literally starting with story and not having to think about anything else except the words.
In addition to the above projects/collections we are also planning the following releases in 2022:
- Quarterly Scrapbook Kit: Rainbows, Black + White, Tags, and Numbers (first kit is coming in February). Please note that if you subscribed to the Quarterly Kit in 2021 you will need to re-subscribe for 2022 when the first kit is available.
- Laura Wonsik New Stamp Collaboration (April release): check out Laura's 2021 releases here
- Travel Collection (summer release)
- Nostalgia Collection (most likely late summer)
- TBA (fall release)
Please remember that we wholeheartedly encourage you to participate in the projects that feel good to you at this point in time. It's totally okay to take a break from some projects and/or come back to ones you might have participated in in the past. We offer a variety of memory keeping projects in order to give you options in your own documenting adventures and believe in your ability to decide which projects make the most sense for you at any given point in time.
If you are brand new to me or this brand, welcome! The best way to begin is to pick a project and dive in!
A COUPLE NEW STORIES IN MY 6x8 STORY ALBUM
And here are some images of the projects in today's video:
I plan to add more 2x2 photos to this spread as Anna has more volleyball tournaments this year. That 2x2 page protector is paired with a laser transparency that I designed in Illustrator and printed before running through the Minc machine with white foil. I think my foil might be old as it definitely came out looking distressed but I decided to just go with it. I used the digital version of this pattern paper to line up the circles of text.
In the very middle of the circles I added some 2022 word art from this digital set.
On top of the pattern paper from the Begin Story Kit™ I adhered the photo of Anna using foam adhesive squares and used this new typewriter alpha stamp set and Honeyman ink around the yellow circle. I also added a small chipboard heart from my stash.
The second story I told is about my Mom + Dad visiting earlier this week to pick up her December Daily® album that they had dropped off for me to look through. I created a flip-out page using washi tape + a pattern paper from the Hexagon Scrapbook Kit + a speech bubble embellishment from one of the One Little Word® Mini Kits from last year. The washi tape I used to create the flip-out is hidden (you can see more about that in today's video).
I shared a walk-through of my Mom's December Daily® album over on YouTube earlier this week. You can check that out here.
When you open up that pattern paper + speech bubble combo you'll find the story that I shared on my IG account along with a photo of me, my Mom, and Anna. On top of the photo of the three of us I added a wood veneer heart from the February 2022 Stories By The Month Kit on which I had used the "currently" stamp to create the text pattern. To finish it off I added a word phrase sticker that's also from the February 2022 SBTM kit.
Here's to having fun telling stories together in 2022!
- Epson XP15000 Printer
- Scotch Rolling Adhesive
- Fiskars Paper Trimmer
- Foam Adhesive Squares
- Laser Transparency
- Grid Washi Tape
- 6 Hole Punch
- Rolling Date Stamp
- Red Line Tape
- Avery Index Tabs
- 6x8 Green Travel Album
- 2022 Acrylic Word
- Typewriter Alpha Stamp
- Begin Story Kit™ Paper
- February 2022 Stories By The Month Kit
- 6x8 Outline Heart Stamp
- Honeyman Ink (Yellow)
- Black StazOn Ink
- Hexagon Scrapbook Kit
- Minc Machine
- White Minc Foil
- One Little Word® Mini Kit #4 (digital option here)
- Acrylic Blocks
- 2022 Digital Word Art