Hybrid Product Play
Hybrid scrapbooking pairs printed digital products such embellishments, brushes + layered templates from your computer with traditional scrapbooking products.
Hybrid Product Play is designed to build upon + reinforce the skills introduced in the original Hybrid workshop. Please note that the original Hybrid workshop is strongly recommended but not required before embarking on Hybrid Product Play. If you are an absolute beginner please consider taking the original workshop before this one. Right now you can sign up for the original Hybrid workshop for 30% off using the code: HYBRID30
In this workshop we will focus on playing + experimenting with three specific digital product categories to help get our stories told:
- Lesson One: Digital Journal Cards
- Lesson Two: Digital Stamps
- Lesson Three: Digital Embellishments
Included in the cost of the workshop is a full digital package of products, similar to what is offered in my Digital Story Kits™/Story Class subscription (journal cards, brushes, papers and embellishments - valued at $19.99). Additional digital items will be made available as they make sense for specific lessons (these will be made available later in the class).
As always, Ali's projects and ideas will be rooted in stories and her examples will be showing how the products can best support the stories you want to tell.
What you'll learn
- Fun + creative techniques for using digital products (journal cards, brushes, and embellishments) in paper projects
What you'll get
- A digital package similar to a Digital Story Kit™ (journal cards + brushes + embellishments + pattern paper) will be included for students to follow along with examples/tutorials (valued at over $19.99) + layered templates and additional embellishments as they relate to specific lessons (these will be made available later in the workshop)
- Video tutorials that include step-by-step how to's using Photoshop or Photoshop Elements
- Content within the classroom will be blog-post style with step-by-step information
- Simple handouts for easy printing based on the content of the lesson
- Message board for communicating with classmates
- Gallery for sharing your work/assignments
What you'll need
There is not a specific software requirement for this class. That said you will need some kind of software that will allow you to open and edit digital embellishments. Photoshop Elements or Photoshop is recommended because we will be working with digital layered templates (you can not work on digital layered templates in Word).
- A printer and paper to print out the digital products (recommendations will be included in the classroom).
- Patience working with computers (it helps).
- A desire to learn and play and experiment with bringing digital products off your computer.
- Silhouette or other digital die cutting machine (if you want to play with this).
- Stories to tell.
Apr 2Class begins3:00AM EDT
Apr 2Hybrid Supply Recommendations12:00PM EDTSuggestions for programs, printers, paper, and more.
Apr 14Lesson 01 | Digital Journal Cards3:00AM EDTCome check out how to use journal cards as the jumping off point for your hybrid projects.
Apr 16Bonus Lesson from Tazhiana | Digital Journal Cards12:00AM EDT
Apr 18Bonus Lesson from Krystal | Digital Journal Cards3:00AM EDT
Apr 21Lesson 02 | Digital Stamps3:00AM EDTCome check out how I played with brushes/stamps to get my stories told.
Apr 23Bonus Lesson From Lisa | Digital Stamps3:00AM EDT
Apr 25Bonus Lesson from Laura | Digital Stamps3:00AM EDT
Apr 28Lesson 03 | Digital Embellishments3:00AM EDTCome check out how I played with embellishments to get my stories told.
Apr 30Bonus Lesson from Barbara | Digital Embellishments3:00AM EDT
May 2Bonus Lesson From Jess | Digital Embellishments1:00PM EDT