Storytelling With December Daily® (Self Paced)
What stories will you tell this December?
Storytelling with December Daily® is designed to get you in the mood for documenting your December, one story per day. Here's a look at what I'll be covering over the coarse of the workshop.
Lesson One | A look back at all eight of my past December Daily® albums with individual video walk-throughs. The take-away from this lesson is the opportunity to learn from the past and reflect on what's worked and what's not worked to create a plan for this year.
Lesson Two | Process exploration. Setting expectations and setting yourself up for success by establishing a storytelling mindset.
Lesson Three | Specific storytelling ideas, encouragement and inspiration, along with photo ideas to spark additional stories.
Lesson Four | Techniques for including stories in your album including digital, hybrid, interactive, etc. The classroom will remain open and act as a supportive community throughout the month of December and beyond as you work to complete your album.
A couple things to note:
- This is not a step-by-step workshop for setting up your foundation pages. I will be sharing my process for creating my foundation pages, as well as sharing each completed day, on my blog as I have done in past years.
- I am aware that not everyone has children at home and will be keeping that in mind as I present the content within the class. Please remember that I do have children at home and it does influence the types of stories that I include at this time in my life. I also spend parts of December on my own and include those stories as well.
- For the last ten years I've shared all my December Daily® pages on my blog. Content included in this workshop will come from my experience all those past years (meaning I am not creating new pages for this workshop and will be using my past albums as inspiration and teaching tools).
- This workshop originally ran in 2015, and there may be some references to the 2015 Main December Daily® Kit that is sold out. This kit is not needed to complete the class
Please note that this is a self paced class. All lessons and content will be available to you upon purchase.
What you'll learn
- Past Perspective: what's worked and not worked for me in past December Daily® projects
- Specific story ideas for seasonal storytelling that can be incorporated into your own album
- Photo ideas (because photos are often story sparks)
- Favorite techniques for including stories in my December Daily® albums (including digital, interactive, etc)
- Encouragement and inspiration for creating your own personal process that is workable for you
What you'll get
- Digital package that includes PNG and cut files
- Full color PDF handouts
- Keynote presentations & live video content
- Message Board for communicating with others
- Gallery for sharing
What you'll need
- A willingness to look back & ahead
- Enthusiasm for the story-aspect of this project