Last night I woke up around 3am and couldn't go back to sleep because I started thinking about a fun community project we could do together next week.
I got up, went to my computer and came up with the following community creative adventure: Pieces Of Us.
Monday, February 10th through Sunday, February 16th.
- To get yourself in the story. Literally.
- To play and experiment with your camera (most likely I'll just be using my iPhone).
- To practice developing your own photo voice.
- To practice loving ourselves using the lens of our cameras. I love this as a February project.
- To play along with a community of storytellers.
Here's the schedule for next week as we capture pieces of ourselves:
- Monday: Feet
- Tuesday: Hands
- Wednesday: Face Forward (let your face fill the frame)
- Thursday: Eyes Closed
- Friday: 1/2 face (take a photo or crop a photo to only include a portion of your face)
- Saturday: Full body
- Sunday: Reflection
I'll be sharing my images on Instagram using the hashtag: #aepiecesofus
My initial plan is that I'll create a layout afterwards that will go into an album that holds stories about me. It could also fit really well into your One Little Word® album or it might just be that for this project you want to focus on the photos only. Either way, I want this to be a fun, experimental, creative practice for our community.
Need some inspiration to get you going?
- 50 Creative Self Portrait Photography Ideas
- 10 Creative Self Portrait Techniques That Will Inspire You To Create Your Own (there were some particularly cool ideas included in this one)
Also, if you want to learn more about my own photo philosophy + workflow check out my workshop Lens Of Joy.