There have been many weekends when the kids were with Chris where I worked ( to catch up or to get ahead), or traveled, or had plans with friends, or grieved, or had a specific agenda in place.
This weekend I decided to set everything else aside and do nothing.
Aaron stopped by during the day on Saturday ( while running his own errands) to pick something up and took this photo of me and George and Woody hanging out together. I was in-between documentaries on Netflix at this moment if I remember correctly.
The big brown couch continues to be a wonderful gathering place after years of use.
Okay, so the truth is I didn't really do nothing. I think the key was that I didn't have a specific agenda in place and I didn't work - I simply took a break and went where the moment took me. And I definitely stayed in my PJ's most of the day (even when I ran a couple errands - it's how I roll).
Here's a look at what I did do on Saturday and Sunday:
- Watched one movie and three documentaries on Netflix: Short Term 12 (based on a recommendation from Cathy), Fat, Sick And Nearly Dead, Forks Over Knives, and Hungry For Change.
- Went grocery shopping for the week at Trader Joes because after watching all those documentaries it's hard not to rethink some of my current habits and stock up on vegetables.
- Took a whole car load of stuff from the garage to Goodwill in-between movies. I also stopped at Home Depot and picked up a Shop Vac and vacuumed the car when I got back to the house. Those are two things that have been on my list for way too long.
- Did yoga twice (using the Studio Yoga app - it's been great).
- Last night Simon joined me for a one-on-one night. We skipped the Superbowl (no cable) and opted for The Prisoner Of Azkaban instead.
- Did some laundry and the dishes and moved a shelf out of the garage into Anna's room that better fits her larger books.
- Had a dream about meeting Dave Matthews. Yep. Any one out there have any connections to help me make that a reality? Ha. For Aaron the mega-fan of course.
So yeah, I didn't really do nothing.
It was slow and deliberate and quiet and rejuvenating in the best ways.