What stories will you tell this December?
I'm excited to introduce you to my newest online class, and my first focusing on storytelling in December.
Registration is now open for Storytelling with December Daily® - a workshop designed to get you in the mood for documenting your December, one story per day.
Here's a look at what I'll be covering each week for four weeks starting November 3rd:
Week One | A look back at all eight of my past December Daily® albums with individual video walk-throughs. The take-away from this lesson is the opportunity to learn from the past and reflect on what's worked and what's not worked to create a plan for this year.
Week Two | Process exploration. Setting expectations and setting yourself up for success by establishing a storytelling mindset.
Week Three | Specific storytelling ideas, encouragement and inspiration, along with photo ideas to spark additional stories.
Week Four | Techniques for including stories in your album including digital, hybrid, interactive, etc. Essentially, once you've established your stories how do you include them in your album?
The classroom will remain open and act as a supportive community throughout the month of December and beyond as you work to complete your album.
A couple things to note:
- This is not a step-by-step workshop for setting up your foundation pages. I will be sharing my process for creating my foundation pages, as well as sharing each completed day, on my blog as I have done in past years.
- I am aware that not everyone has children at home and will be keeping that in mind as I present the content within the class. Please remember that I do have children at home and it does influence the types of stories that I include at this time in my life. I also spend parts of December on my own and include those stories as well.
- For the last eight years I've shared all my December Daily® pages and process on my blog. Content included in this workshop will come from my past experiences (meaning I am not creating new pages for this workshop and will be using my past albums as inspiration and teaching tools, although some examples will reference my plans for my 2015 album).
Registration for this 4 week+ workshop is $29.99 and includes a 4x6 December Storytelling Stamp Set (while supplies last and shipped free to you to spark stories in your album this year) and a big digital package that includes PNG and cut files:
What do you need for this workshop?
- A willingness to look back & ahead
- Enthusiasm for the story-aspect of this project
- You don't need a specific December Daily® kit for this workshop but I will be referring to my 2015 main kit when looking ahead to stories I plan to include this year
I hope you'll join me for this exploration of December storytelling ideas, inspiration and techniques.