Most years I just add in extra photos that I didn't include in my album - usually one per day - and most of the time they aren't repeats of what I've included in my other project. You can see what I did in 2016 here.
This year I started by looking for photos of people (or myself) in the car. I didn't have enough for one per day but I used what I had and then looked for "funny" photos - outtakes or silly faces or ones that made me laugh.
Here's a look at what I did this time:
Because my Week In The Life™ was fairly word-focused I decided to keep this spread mainly photos. On top of each of my 4x6 photos I added a Week In The Life 4x6 Layered Template Vol. 3. That set includes both specific dates for the 2017 Week In The Life™ as well as blank options for adding your own dates. I add those to the photos before printing them out here at home on my Epson PictureMate PM400.
I really liked bringing all these photos together for this spread. I liked including some of the "funnier" ones (at least to me) - we have a lot of fun and funny things happening around here with our crazy cast of characters and I think sometimes I miss capturing some of that part of our story. Seeing photos brought together here made me happy.
The "this is it" card is from the Week In The Life™ kit and I cut out the color portion of the triangle and then added it on top of my photo. I also stapled the large chipboard "A" on top of a photo of myself.
On top of the Week 16 card (from the Project 52 Fresh Core Kit) I stapled plastic numbers from the Week In The Life™ kit. I love that the products from the kit are universal enough to use in lots of different memory keeping projects. I can always use numbers.
You guys, I love Aaron. He is the best. He brings so much fun and silliness to my life and I so needed that.
Super simple embellishing here just using additional products from the kit (cut up cards + perforated word/phrase stickers).
Remember that Project Life® is the sum of it's parts. I love having some weeks with lots of words and other weeks with a whole lot less.
SUPPLIES USED REGULARLY IN PROJECT LIFE® 2017
- Project Life Design A Page Protectors
- Project 52 Fresh Core Kit (anything with rounded corners - often title cards)
- Past Story Kits™
- Rolling Date Stamp
- 12x12 Project Life® / Heidi Swapp / Black & White Album
- Week By Week Word Art
- Gratitude 3x4 Notepad
- AED Precision Pen
LOOKING FOR MORE PROJECT LIFE® STORYTELLING INSPIRATION?
Check out my Storytelling With Project Life® workshop that is now available as a self-paced workshop.
- Lesson One | A look back at many of my past Project Life® albums (2010-2015) with individual video walk-throughs. The take-away from this lesson is the opportunity to learn from the past and reflect on what's worked and what's not worked to create a plan for right now.
- Lesson Two | Process exploration. Setting expectations, creating a plan for yourself (key word here being "YOU") and setting yourself up for success by establishing a storytelling mindset. This content will be specific to telling stories in Project Life®.
- Lesson Three | Specific storytelling ideas, encouragement, and inspiration to spark stories.
- Lesson Four | Working with products in Project Life®.