I was re-reading my Gratitude In The Middle Of The Mess post this morning and figured a public list of things I'm thankful for right now would be a pretty good idea.
I'm not currently smack dab in the middle of a mess (something to give thanks for right there), but I've been there many times with work, kids ups and downs, divorce, autism, anxiety, new relationships, emotional stuff (why does it all have to happen at the same time), personal expectations, etc. It's nothing different than many of you are facing or have faced and man it can be so hard to see straight when it feels like it's all crashing down around you. And when you're in the middle of the mess sometimes finding something to be thankful for can help change your thought patterns.
Today I'm sharing 39 little things I'm thankful for simply because I'll be turning 40 later this year and it seems like the perfect number right now. My list includes a random assortment of things I just like or buy or consume or people or memories - really anything that came to mind as I've been brainstorming for the last week or so:
- I'm thankful for honest conversations with true friends who get me and listen to my crazy.
- I'm thankful for spicy hot V8 warmed up in the microwave.
- I'm thankful for Haribo gummy bears.
- I'm thankful for popcorn & cheese & apples for dinner.
- I'm thankful for Trader Joe's flower prices & selection.
- I'm thankful for my Kindle. Our relationship has been good. Still lots of paper books on my nightstand, but I'm loving the Kindle option.
- I'm thankful for the way Anna says "I love you" a lot.
- I'm thankful for lemons. One of my favorite scents as well.
- I'm thankful for allergy medication - especially this time of the year.
- I'm thankful for Simon's love of adventures.
- I'm thankful for people who call me on my crap. I look at it as a path to growth - each time it gives me a new chance to choose a different response the next time.
- I'm thankful for Spotify playlists. Right now I'm listening to one called Relax & Unwind.
- I'm thankful for hot baths.
- I'm thankful for people who share their stories honestly and with open hearts, even when it's hard.
- I'm thankful for wisteria, lilac, hydrangea, peonies and dahlias - all my favorite things that grow in my yard.
- I'm thankful for Pureology shampoo and conditioner.
- I'm thankful for all my white dishes. Some from Crate & Barrel and some from JCPenny and some from Target and some from thrift stores.
- I'm thankful that my kids like to read. Simon's needing some prompting right now to get him to pick up a book, but I get how that goes and know he'll find another one soon that interests and excites him.
- I'm thankful for the seamless tunic length Mossimo tank tops from Target.
- I'm thankful that I get to work from home. It's not perfect but I'm super thankful for the opportunity.
- I'm thankful for great stories like All The Light We Cannot See (the last book I read on my Kindle).
- I'm thankful for pizza parlor pizza.
- I'm thankful for friends I've known for 20+ years who remember all the crazy old stories and still love to laugh about them as much as I do.
- I'm thankful for the opportunity to try to figure some stuff out and whole-heartedly accept the rest.
- I'm thankful that my parents live at the beach and that they are just rad people in general.
- I'm thankful for time to clean up my office.
- I'm thankful for fireplaces.
- I'm thankful for weekend soccer games where I get to watch Anna express the mighty competitive side of herself.
- I'm thankful for post it notes.
- I'm thankful for Uniball Vision Elite pens which continue to be my favorite everyday life pens.
- I'm thankful for getting to start over again each day.
- I'm thankful for Netflix, because really, it's awesome.
- I'm thankful for white towels.
- I'm thankful for deep breaths.
- I'm thankful for airplanes that take me to new places.
- I'm thankful for Anna's school and Simon's teachers.
- I'm thankful for the chance to sit on the couch and watch movies with my kids.
- I'm thankful for random texts from far-away (and near) friends saying hi and I'm thinking about you.
- i'm thankful for the chance to be alive. To live this life, even with all the ups and downs. This world is insanely amazing and there is always, always, always something to be thankful for every single day.
When was the last time you made a list of all the little (and/or big) things you are thankful for in your life right now?
Have a wonderful week.