In today's Craft The Story video (episode 33) I'm sharing an easy + fun way to use your stash of journal cards to get more of your story told.
Like many of you I have a decent sized stash of 4 inch x 6 inch journal cards. As I was recently working on organizing my card collection (see more about that below) I was thinking about ways to use them for what they were meant to be used for: holding stories.
Let's dive right in:
And here are some additional details on this idea:
Heads up that in the video I mention that we don't have any of the yellow album in stock but I was wrong - you can grab one here.
- Sentiment/quote cards (no room for writing)
- Journal Cards: specifically designed with room for a story or specifically prompting/inviting you to tell a story
- Pattern cards (great for adding label stickers or embellishments on top to create homes for your words)
Want to read more about how I break up my Story Kits™? Check out this post.
Want to read more about my recent organizing adventures? Check out this post.
STORY CARD ALBUM APPROACH IDEAS
- Make it a daily project for a certain time period. Try a week or a month.
- Add a stack of 4x6 or 3x4 cards to your bag and pull one out when you have a few minutes of waiting (a great alternative to picking up your phone) and grab a pen and simply respond to a few of the cards.
- Grab a few cards and put them at your bedside table and write a bit before you go to bed or first thing when you wake up.
- Invite your family to participate by responding to one of the cards.
- I also love the idea of having this album out somewhere in your house where family members could grab a card and respond to one of the prompts.
This is such a simple way to use what you have without it having to be chronological and without having to print photos (of course you can add photos if you want).
These individual cards all come together to create a bigger story of your life via words.
Want to play along with me? Let's get some more stories told.